Please note the following instructions if you are undergoing Intravenous general anesthesia or sedation:
Thank you for putting your trust in us. We wish to make your surgical appointment as pleasant and smooth as possible. Should any questions or concerns arise prior to your appointment, please contact our office at 813-250-9440 and we will be happy to assist you.
1. HAVE AN EMPTY STOMACH. DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO EAT OR DRINK, NOT EVEN WATER, after midnight before your appointment.
2. Arrange for a responsible adult to accompany you at the time of your surgery. We REQUIRE that your escort remain in our office during your surgery and then be available to drive you home. It is against our office policy to send a patient home after being sedated in a cab or by any public transportation. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but our first priority is the safety of our patients. Please make prior arrangements to leave small children at home.
3. Remove your contact lenses, except Permalenses, before your appointment.
4. Wear short sleeves or loose clothing. No one piece outfits, no flip-flops, or backless shoes.
5. Remove fingernail polish.
6. If you take daily medications, please ask for specific instructions regarding these medications.
7. As a courtesy to your physician and other patients, please turn off your cell phone before entering the treatment area.
8. If you were given prescriptions at your pre-op visit, please have them filled prior to your surgery date.
9. Following surgery your diet will consist of cold, soft foods the day of surgery, be sure to have smoothies, pudding, jello, etc. on hand.9. If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.